Vario Sky is a smart glass that allows you to control the amount of light and solar heat coming in. Its tins changes gradually, going from translucent to a darker shade. The coating of this glass consists of five layers of ceramic material. Applying a low voltage of electricity darkens the coating as lithium ions and electrons transfer from one electrochromic layer to another electrochromic layer. Reversing the voltage polarity causes the ions and electrons to return to their original layer, causing the glass to return to its clear state. This technology is electrochromic, which means it is electrically operated. It can be controlled by a multiple types of control, including a light sensor or a smart-home automation system.
Commercial & Residential Applications
Could be used in...
- Living rooms
- Balustrades & Balconies the interior of a building when the sun’s rays shine
Could be used as...
- Fixed or casement windows and doors
- Shading screens
- Sliding/folding doors
- Roof Lights
- Savings on cooling costs
- Savings on lighting costs
- Eliminates the need for expensive window dressings like electronic louvers; blinds and solar shades used in architectural application
- High durability; solid-state technology with no moving parts to wear out or break
- Protects art and furniture from UV rays
- Reduces glare and eye strain
- Reduces uncomfortable “Gold fish bowl” feeling when living or working in high-density buildings such as apartment blocks or office complexes
- Protects staff from the effects of harmful UV rays.
- Optimizing natural light , which increases productivity of individuals
- Eco friendly, reduces building carbon emissions
- Hygienic low maintenance material
- Reduces harmful solar heat gain.
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Enhancescorporate image
- Reduces fading of carpets, furniture and protect valuable artwork
- Infinite range of light transmission levels without sacrificing the outside view