Vario Sun is a self-darkening, dynamic glass that gradually transforms in the presence of bright sunlight and heat to provide protection to building occupants from excessive sun glare, ultraviolet rays, as well as a reduction in overall solar heat gain. Vario Sun doesn’t obstruct the view outside like conventional blinds do, and significantly minimizes the need to cool and light the interior environment due to its intuitive interlayer that reduces the amount of solar energy being transmitted through the glass. In summer it responds to heat and bright glare yet remains transparent; meaning the natural light balance in the room is always perfect, always pleasant. When the temperatures plummet, Vario Sun lets in the sun’s warming rays, something traditional tinted glass cannot offer.See more
Generating its power from the sun itself, Vario Sun requires no external user involvement or power source. Installation is straightforward and simple, resulting in immediate potential energy savings.
Vario Sun results in low U-Values since it blocks solar heat from entering windows in certain climactic conditions. Valuable collections and costly construction materials that are shielded behind Vario Sun are protected from the regular photoreaction that occurs due to UV exposure.
- Fixed or casement windows and doors
- Solar Control Shading screens
- Sliding/folding doors
- Balustrades and balconies
- Create comfortable environments in offices, bedrooms, sunrooms and conservatories
- Can be single, double or triple-glazed including low E glass and gas filling, resulting in improved thermal performance and reduced solar heat gain and unparalleled U Values
- Roof-lights – Fixed or opening
Security and Safety
- Protects staff and interiors from the effects of harmful UV rays.
- Reduces harmful solar heat gain.
- Reduces the effects of noise pollution.
In order to reduce glare, commercial buildings usually use permanently tinted windows. This requires more lighting inside the building, which is generally associated with more power consumption and the side effects of artificial lighting on individuals. With Vario Sun, however, natural day light is optimized. This has shown to reduce lighting costs, and to improve health and well being, including one’s attitude and productivity.
- Energy Savings on cooling & lighting costs
- Eco friendly, reduces building carbon emissions
- Exceptional optical qualities that reduce glare and eye strain
- Eliminates the need for expensive window dressings like electronic louvers; blinds and solar shades used in architectural application
- High durability, solid-state technology with no moving parts to wear out or break
- Large sizes of any shape can be produced
- Stable color characteristics for the life of the unit
- Ambient temperature control via solar control
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Hygienic low maintenance material
- Enhanced corporate image
- Reduces uncomfortable “Gold fish bowl” feeling when living or working in high-density buildings such as apartment blocks or office complexes
- Reduces fading of carpets, furniture and protect valuable artwork
- Protects skin from damaging UV rays
- High UV stability
- Competitive price
- Infinite range of light transmission levels without the blocking of one's view
- Maximum Width Size: 1651 mm
- Thickness: from 25 mm
- Colour tints: Green, Grey, Brown
- Glass types: Gas filled double glazed units
- Processing: Double Glazed, Curved, Shaped, Triple Glazed
This thermochromic technology modulates the amount of light coming through the glass in response to changing environmental temperatures (such as sunlight exposure, air temperature and wind velocity). People don’t have control over the glass.